13th Annual Summer Jazz Concert Series at Gardens of the World Westlake Village CA
The 13th Annual Summer Jazz Concert Series at Gardens of the World is one of the most looked forward to events of the season! Each week through August 23rd, you have the chance to enjoy great music in a fun atmosphere. Mark your calendar for these concert series throughout the rest of the season.
- Sunday, August 9th – Susie Hansen Latin Jazz Orchestra
- Sunday, August 16th – Gregg Karukas
- Sunday, August 23rd – Joe Gray and His Latin Night Big Band
Parking for the Sunday night shows that start at 5:00 p.m. is available on Thousands Oaks Blvd.
Feel free to bring a picnic with you to enjoy the show, including these delicious and easy lemon squares!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Ingredients for the topping:
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the crust, beat ¼ cup of the sugar and the butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Lightly spoon 1 cup of the flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Gradually add the flour to the sugar mixture, beating at a low speed until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Gently press the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, and then cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the topping, beat the eggs at medium speed until foamy. Add ¾ cup granulated sugar, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat until well blended. Pour the mixture over partially naked crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Sift the powdered sugar evenly over the top. Enjoy!
All of us at Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California would like to encourage you to check out this exciting Ventura County event!