Are you are one of the many individuals who compromised high ceilings for another desired home feature? While high ceilings provide a spacious feel and a luxurious look, they are often difficult to clean and maintain. Put your worries aside and take advantage of these 5 tricks and tips that will make your ceilings look higher:
- When you have low, horizontal furniture, your ceilings tend to look taller.
- Utilize the simple act of minimal window coverings. Large and wide spaces of glass give off a spacious feel, and can make your home feel connected to the outside world.
- In the same way that your clothing with vertical stripes makes you look taller and more slimming, the same effect can be made in the home. Use vertical stripes in a small bathroom to elongate the room.
- Add a coat of high gloss to your ceilings for a dramatic, taller touch.
- Similar to the effect that vertical stripes have on a room, consider putting vertically paneling in for heightened results.
With huge selections on doors and windows, Agoura Sash & Door can help you make your ceilings look taller and your home more spacious. Contact us today for a consultation.