Backyard Trends for 2015
As the weather continues to warm up for the summer, you are probably spending more and more time in your backyard with all your friends and family. Adding a few new features can help to make the outdoor space more comfortable, and cause your yard to be the envy of the neighborhood. Consider these backyard home trends for 2015 that will help to take your yard to the next level.
- Outdoor entertainment areas – Setting up your own outdoor entertainment system can help take you back to the days of drive in movies without ever having to leave your house. Look for an electric powered flat screen, speakers, HD projector, and more to create your own theater.
- Edible gardens – Growing your own fresh fruits, herbs, and vegetables is the best way to ensure that you always have the perfect ingredients for any meal. Many backyard gardens are very low maintenance, and can help you lower your grocery bill.
- Outdoor shower – After a long day playing in the yard, an outdoor shower can be very refreshing without having to get your inside bathroom dirty. Outdoor showers require less maintenance than backyard pools, while still letting you cool down in the hot summer sun.
- Fire pits – Even though the daytime temperatures can reach into the high 90s, the nighttime temperatures can easily drop to much cooler numbers. An outdoor fire pit allows you to enjoy your backyard all year long while also creating a focal point for the entire outdoor space.
- Bring the indoors out – Creating a comfortable outdoor living area will ensure that the majority of your time is spent in your backyard. Look for plush outdoor furniture and unique lighting options to make the space feel comfortable.
For more ideas on how to incorporate the backyard home trends into your Ventura County home, contact Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California.