Garage Door Safety Tips
Your garage door is one of the heaviest and largest moving objects in your home, which means that it can cause serious injury if it is misused. To help ensure that your garage door does not become a serious safety hazard to your family, keep these garage door safety tips in mind.
- Keep in mind that your garage door and garage door opener is not a toy. If they are misused and damaged, it can cause them to malfunction, which may lead to injury.
- Do not allow your children to play with the garage door or the operating system. Children should not be allowed to run, stand, or play under your garage door, especially when the door is open.
- Do not give your child access to the controls for your garage door, either the remote or the wall button. Keep the wall button at least five feet off the floor, and keep your remote in a safe place in your vehicle.
- Never walk or stand under a garage door that is moving. Do not try to get out of your garage by racing the door while it is closing.
- When you are closing or opening your garage door, watch the door to ensure that it completely opens or closes so that you can watch for any other people or animals who are trying to squeeze by.
- Properly maintain your garage door and the operating system by hiring a professional since they will be able to tell you if there are any serious issues with your garage door that you need to fix.
- Garage door openers use electricity, which means that they can shock you if they are not properly handled.
If you are looking to replace your garage door with a new, safer model, contact Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California.