Keeping Dirt From Getting Inside
Dirt is meant to be outside, not in your house. Keeping the dirt outside will help to make sure that your home always looks its best, and will cut down on the amount of housework you have to do. Knowing how to prevent dirt from ever making its way indoors can help keep your home clean and your allergies at bay. Keep these tips in mind to help keep your house dirt free.
- Invest in doormats – Door mats should be placed both inside and outside of each entryway into your house, especially your front door. Most of the dirt that comes into your house comes from the first couple of steps that you take into your house.
- Choose the right doormat – Using the right doormat will help to cut down on the amount of time that you spend cleaning. Your mat should be longer than the typical stride so that everyone will step on it when entering your house. Look for an acrylic mat that has a rubber or vinyl backing so that you can shake it out or vacuum it.
- Limit the number of entrances – The less doors that are used to get in and out of your house, the less entrances dirt can come through. Limit the number of doors used to the front and back door, and a side door if necessary.
- No shoes allowed – Have everyone take their shoes off before they head into your house. Set a decorative basket outside where people can put their shoes so they do not sit on the ground.
- Close your doors – Open doors allow dirt to simply blow into your house. Keep all doors closed when you are not using a room so that you can keep any floating dirt out.
For help choosing the right door to stop dirt at the door at your Ventura County home, contact Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California.