Garage Door Trends
A properly working garage door is a welcoming sight each time you come home. While traditional garage doors are white and boring, installing a new garage door can help to add character and design to your home. Keep these garage door trends in mind while looking for a new garage door for your home.
- Statement pieces – Using your garage door as a statement piece can work on any home, no matter the style. Look for doors that have glass and bronzed aluminum or flushed steel doors that are available in many different colors to create a focal point of your home. You can also create a custom design for your door to create a unique appearance.
- Color – Garage doors are straying away from the old white paneled look and going to doors of different colors. Many garage door manufactures offer doors in different colors for no extra cost to create the perfect look for your home.
- Grain – While past garage doors that were made out of steel had to look like steel, manufacturers are now creating doors that have all the resilience of steel doors with the beauty and design of wood.
- Go big – A prominent garage door is one of the best ways to make a statement at your home. Installing a large door also allows you to store all of your toys in the garage, whether it is a boat or a camper.
- New technology – Gone are the days that you have to dig through your glove box to find your garage door opener. New garage door models can be opened with a simple Internet connection and your cell phone.
For more design tips when installing a new garage door in your Ventura County home, contact Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California.