Door Cleaning Tips
You use doors every day, and no matter what type of doors you have in your house, they can get very dirty, very fast. Taking the time to clean them can help to ensure that your home looks its best. Keep these simple tips on how to clean your doors in mind to help all of your doors look like they are fresh out of the store.
For cleaning wood doors:
- Wipe the top of the door and the frame to remove any dust. Using a soft rag will work much better than a feather duster.
- Wipe the entire surface of the door with oil soap and a soft rag to clean a varnished wood door. Make sure to wipe in the direction of the grain. Buff the door to dry the surface.
- For a painted wood door, use a sponge with a small amount of all-purpose cleaner. Wipe the door dry with a soft, dry rad.
- If your door has a window or glass inset, use a window cleaner both inside and out to clean it properly.
For cleaning sliding glass doors:
- Clean out the slider tracks. If there is any dry dirt that will not come off, use a sponge or a dry toothbrush to loosen the dirt.
- Clean the door frame using an all-purpose cleaner. Loosen any built up dirt with a rag, one section at a time, and then wipe it off. Clean the glass, both inside and out, with a glass cleaner.
- Having a couple of rags to use to clean your sliding glass door will help make the process much easier and smoother, since you will be able to use one to wipe up dirt, and another to do the final detailing cleaning.
If you are looking for the right door to install in your house to match your style, contact Agoura Sash & Door in Westlake Village, California.